Skip to main content

InvalidOperException : JBO-25221

It could be due to many reasons but the one that caused this error in my case was pretty simple. I had generated data control and dragged on my page. At this point the method signature was:

myMethod(int a, int b)

Later on I changed method to:

myMethod(int a, int b, int c)

and regenerated the data control. But I forgot to update the definition in the pageDef of the page. And when I tried to execute the method I got this error.

So I just updated the method definition in my pageDef and everything worked fine :)

Comments

唐浩 said…
I encountered the same problem today and finally found the method name is not updated in PageDef after I changed the producer name.
This information is useful.
Thanks for sharing

Popular posts from this blog

File upload problem: UTF-8 encoding not honored when form has multipart/form-data

The problem that I was facing was something like this. I was using Apache Commons File Upload library to upload and download some file.

I had a form in which user can upload a file and another field 'name' in which she can give any name to the file being loaded.


When I submitted the form, the file was uploaded fine but the value in name field was garbled. I followed all the possible suggestions I found:

<%@page pageEncoding="UTF-8"%> set. <%@page contentType="text/html;charset=UTF-8"%gt; set after the first directive. <meta equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8"> in the head. enctype="multipart/form-data" attribute in the form. accept-charset="UTF-8" attribute in the form.
in the Servlet:
before doing any operations on request object: request.setCharacterEncoding("UTF-8"); For accessing the value

FileItem item = (FileItem) iter.next();

if (item.isFormField()) {

//For regular…

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Malformed \uxxxx encoding

I was getting this exception during build while running ant. Googling didn't help much and I was flummoxed because the same code was running fine till now.

My code reads a text file and does some operations on the basis of values read. It was only when I saw the text files I understood the error. I had copied the text in wordpad and saved it as .txt file. Wordpad had put lot of formatting information before and after the content. Also there was "\par" after every line, which was giving this error.

So moral of the story: if you get this exception check your properties file (or any other file that your code might be reading.)

Easiest way to print Timestamp in Java

Rather than using Calendar.getTime() we can use java.sql.Timestamp class to get the time stamp which gives date and time till millisecond precision.

System.out.println(new Timestamp(System.currentTimeMillis()));

Above will give you current timestamp in this format: 2010-07-27 16:37:45.39